Crispy Holiday Brunch Tostadas
This is a great recipe!
Surprise your guests with a unique Holiday Brunch. It is easy and fun to make and the combination of flavours will leave everyone wanting more.
4 flour tortillas or 4 Corn Tortillas (Gluten Free)
4 small bunches vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese
Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
1/2 tsp chilli powder or smoked paprika (if you don’t have smoked paprika you can mix 2 parts of sweet paprika with one part of cumin)
1/2 cup AlbaLisa Jalapeño Cream
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
A little extra cilantro for garnish
Chives for garnish - optional
1 avocado, mashed
AlbaLisa Hot Jalapeño sauce - optional
1. Preheat oven to 400/425
- Place tomatoes on one baking paper lined tray. Brush some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until tomatoes have blistered.
- Fry the Tostadas once at a time
TO FRY THE TOSTADAS
Pour oil into a medium frying pan 1/4 inch deep. Gently dip one edge of a tortilla into the oil. If it starts to bubble, the oil is ready. Fry for about 2 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Flip until golden brown and crisp for about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
You can also Air fry for 4 minutes at 370 °F, or until golden and crispy. Repeat as needed.
- Place tortillas on a second lined tray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling
- Heat a frying pan with oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still runny. Sprinkle with chilli powder or paprika.
- Combine AlbaLisa Jalapeño Cream with cream cheese and cilantro in a small bowl. Top tortillas with egg, tomato, avocado and Jalapeño Cream. Sprinkle with more cilantro and chives and... Enjoy!
Picture from www.taste.com.au